The Garden of England Cat Club
The Garden of England Cat Club was formed in 1990, as a member to the then UK FIFe member, The Cat Association of Britain in 1992 and from 2003 is a full member of the UK FIFe member, Felis Britannica.
- The aims of the club are:
- to sponsor and promote the welfare of all breeds of cat;
- to sponsor cat shows;
- to sponsor projects and otherwise promote interest in and knowledge of all domestic cats;
- to cultivate friendship among and promote the interest of the owners, fanciers and breeders of cats;
- to encourage breeding towards FIFe breed standards and encourage the registration of cats with the UK FIFe member organisation;
- to promote and encourage kindness to all animals and assist in prevention of cruelty and bad treatment of all animals;
- to encourage the spaying and neutering of any and all cats not specifically being used as part of a viable breeding programme in order to reduce the excessive trend to the over-population of, and tragedy among, unwanted cats.
On our website you will find information about club events, news and details of club shows along with breeder lists. If you would like to join please visit the How to Join page.